February 14, 2017
Power and Place in Women’s Stories – a day retreat for clergywomen of the Penn Northeast Conference, United Church of Christ
Presenter ~ The Hats We Wear: A day with Martha Spong
May 4, 2017 at The Steeple, Dundee, Scotland
Come and hear stories from a sister in ministry about the many hats she wears as writer, social media minister, clergy coach, pastor’s wife, mother of four, dog lover, and contemplative sock-knitter. How does she keep it all together – mostly? And how can you?
May 5-10, 2017 on the Isle of Iona, Scotland
“Power and Place in Women’s Stories” uses the gospel accounts of the woman who anoints Jesus as a lens on our own stories. How do we place ourselves? What impact does our storytelling have on our power, whether actual or perceived?
Martha is available to present programs on the following topics:
- Administry: Administration as Spiritual Practice
- The Hats We Wear: Keeping it Together in Ministry
- There’s a Woman in the Pulpit: What I Didn’t Learn in Seminary
- Power and Place in Women’s Stories: An Exploration of the Anointing Women
- From Your Sisters, Who Are Always By Your Side: Mary, Martha, and the Gift of Collegiality for Women in Ministry