(I'll be traveling today, not sure if I'll have Internet, so I'm resorting to a meme, scheduled ahead of time.)
Blog the first line of your first post of each month for the past year.
January: As I start a new writing commitment, to myself and to my calling, it seems only right to begin with a day when something new happened to quite a few people.
February: I don't do a lot of instant messaging, but there are a few friends I keep up with via Google Chat.
March: As the snow flies outside this morning, I'm contemplating how I want to present what I want to present tomorrow.
April: There are so many things to say about the Emmaus story, but I am thinking this afternoon about how it feels not to be recognized, to be treated, for all intents and purposes, as invisible.
May: You would think they were the first daffodils anyone had ever planted.
June: Ruby tagged me, so here goes!
July: Today I took the third dose of methotrexate to treat my Rheumatoid Arthritis.
August: As posted by yours truly at RevGalBlogPals
September: It's more than a cake.
October: POLITICAL OPINION ALERT
November: As the only registered voter currently in residence Chez Songbird, I resist the suggestion that I vote early.
December: Like my dear friend Kathryn, I hear many of Isaiah's words in their form within Handel's Messiah: complete and beautiful.
Because the coolest of cool kids did it, the Flickr mosaic meme:
1. Birds016_songbird_, 2. tarts 'a popping., 3. IMG_4873, 4. Purple and Blue, 5. Robert Downey jr., 6. thirsty?, 7. Mt. Chocorua and Chocorua Lake, NH, 8. mmmummm..mummm…mmmmummmmumumum, 9. the observing queen… ♫♫, 10. sweet family, 11. he loves me/he loves me not., 12. She naps!
- Answer each of the questions below.
- Surf over to Flickr (set up an account if you don’t have one–it’s quick and easy) and type your answers (one at a time) into the search bar.
- From the choice of pictures shown only on the front page, click on the one that moves you.
- Once the page with your picture opens, copy the URL.
- Surf over to the Mosaic Maker, set up your mosaic, and paste your URLs.
- Click “Create!”
- What is your first name?
- What is your favorite food?
- What high school did you attend?
- What is your favorite color? (the picture I really loved, of lilacs with some effects, was not available for the mosaic, but go see it over here anyway)
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite drink?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite dessert? (Subject to change hourly.)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What do you love most in life?
- Choose one word to describe you?
- Your Flickr name? (My flicker account is revsongbird, and that last picture is woolyheaded's Wooly Babe under the blanket I made for her!)
Feel free to tag yourself.