I coach clergy who want to become more effective leaders and flourish in life and ministry.
Coaching empowers pastors to make adaptive changes that transform the ministry of the church.
My approach to coaching is:
- Client-driven – we work on what matters to you
- Constructive – you set concrete, achievable goals
- Compassionate – we seek deeper self-understanding without judgment
- Curious – we look below the surface of your work and life
- Creative – we imagine, reflect, and wonder together
- Consistent – we meet regularly, typically once a month
- Confidential – as both a coach and a pastor, I hold confidentiality as a high value
Read more about my coaching philosophy here: Be Virgil – A Coach as Companion on the Way.
I work with pastors from all ministry settings and denominations and take particular interest in coaching LGBTQ+ clergy. In the spirit of reparations and economic justice, I offer a reduced rate for Black clergy and clergy serving in positions paid part-time.