We bring our prayers to You remembering how small our problems may be in the scheme of things but hoping you will hear how large they are in our hearts.
- For the people we love who are suffering
- For the heroes who press for change in institutions that exclude
- For the strangers rebuilding lives after disaster
- For a world torn by conflict, where attacks happen for no reason and terrible reasons
- For a deeper understanding of You
- For the strength to love and act on that love
- For the energy to be faithful in a time when religion can seem quaint
- For the determination to be Your people when the label “Christian” doesn’t always sound like who we are and what we believe about You
Sometimes we know you best in the wonders of what You have created. Sometimes we know You best in the assurance of your forgiveness. Sometimes we know You best in the whispers inspiring and provoking us to deeper understanding.
- To serve with the gifts You have given us
- To love with the kind of love You show us
- To forgive with generous hearts as You have forgiven us
- To grow in faith, remembering that there is always a next stage to reach
We thank You for all the ways You make Yourself manifest among us:
- In the beauty of this spring morning
- In Your comfort when darkness covers us
- In the life of Jesus, who taught us to pray saying:
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.