|Big Thicket by John Winslow Van Ness|
Here in the thicket of Lent, Singing Owl is over at RevGalBlogPals asking:
Tell us five ways in which you are anticipating, or your life is moving towards light, joy, hope–new things: new ideas, new hobbies, new people…and so on.
After a very long winter, I’m finally seeing signs of spring and new life.
1) Both at church and at home, crocuses are bravely blooming despite still-freezing nights.
2) On my way to church this morning I saw a robin, and then later I saw one in the churchyard, too.
3) Also on my way to church I saw two ducks paddling around a tiny pond that is no longer frozen!
4) The long evenings are lovely. Hoagie and I dawdle around the neighborhood in the late afternoon, where
he enjoys sniffing to his heart’s (or nose’s) content, and since I am not freezing, I don’t mind it.
5) I’m anticipating a trip to somewhat warmer climes just after Easter, to have an early celebration of my milestone birthday with someone who really knows how to plan for fun. It’s great to be looking forward to new adventures!