- couldn’t remember the safe place I put the big rolling suitcase
- was humbled when LP found it under her dresser, which was the safe place I chose
- packed the big suitcase
- laid out my clothes for the plane
- bought a case of dog food for Hoagie
- delivered Hoagie and about 12 pounds of dog food to Big Dog Camp
- felt a bit overwhelmed at how proud of and attached to him I am after only ten days
- bid LP farewell
- bought a white cardigan
- also possibly something else
- could not find the smaller wallet I like to carry on trips
- did not buy a new wallet
- came home and unpacked a few things and put in new/other ones
- changed my mind about what to wear on the plane
- changed it back again
- changed it back again again
- decided not to carry the red backpack after all
- failed to find that little pill carrier thing; did I leave it at your house? is it hiding with the smaller wallet?
- worried about the weather–you could insert that in between each line above
- talked to friends on the phone about the weather–times about six or seven, plus Facebook
- left instructions for care of the cat
- decided to drive to the airport and park in the garage
- wondered how I can possibly both relax enough to sleep *and* wake up in the middle of the night?
Still left to do:
- re-pack my carry-on
- talk to a few more friends, who I’ll probably see tomorrow, but who can help it?
- make sure all the important forms of ID and pieces of paper and plastic are in my too-big wallet or my purse
May well happen:
- realizing it’s not big enough to also hold various medications in their original bottles
- reverting to the backpack?
- freaking out for no reason again
Hat tip to my boys, who once showed me this. I’ll be back next week.