It's the Friday Five, from RevGalBlogPals:
1. When was your last, or will be your next, out of town travel?
I leave a week from Sunday to go the Big Event Three!!! And just a couple of weeks later, I'm getting a great birthday present, a trip to see Pure Luck in Farzona!
2. Long car trips: love or loathe?
I rather like them. I'll be meeting Pure Luck somewhere in the flyover states for a road trip when he finishes his job in Farzona. (Yes, I will be quite the traveler for the next six weeks or so.)
3. Do you prefer to be driver or passenger?
Driver (as anyone who has ever traveled with me will tell you).
4. If passenger, would you rather pass the time with handwork, conversing, reading, listening to music, or ???
When I am the passenger, I often knit. I love to sing along with musicals, which is something my kids and I have done a lot. But I also enjoy talking. When Pure Luck and I took our brief jaunt last summer, we listened to science podcasts from his collection, which I enjoyed, and I've become a big podcast listener myself in the past few years. Reading is out, because whether I'm reading or listening, it makes me sleepy.
5. Are you going, or have you ever gone, on a RevGals BE? Happiest memories of the former, and/or most anticipated pleasures of the latter?
I will be three for three. I have a very special memory of the midnight buffet at the first BE, sitting up late with kathrynzj, Ruby and Kathryn Fleming, eating champagne jelly. And I'll never forget sitting on the Aft Deck watching the water stretched out behind the ship with no land in sight.
6. Bonus: a favorite piece of road trip music.
1776! I cannot count the times it has made a trip go by more quickly. Other favorite sing-along musicals include Ragtime, Into the Woods and My Fair Lady.