As posted by yours truly at RevGalBlogPals:
It's been two weeks of snow, or not enough snow, of heartbreak before the action even began, of snowboards and skis and skates, of joy and sorrow. At our house, we've stayed up too late, and we don't even watch sports any other time!
1) Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch?
I really love the figure skating, except when the people fall. That makes me sad. And this year I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Snowboard Cross, if that's the right name for the one where four people fly down a course at the same time on those skateboards without wheels.
2) Some of the uniforms have attracted attention this year, such as the US Snowboarders' pseudo-flannel shirts
and the Norwegian Curling team's — ahem — pants.
Who do you think had the best-looking uniforms?
Even though I'm the person who asked this with the "ahem," I really like these pants. They are hilarious.
The snowboard uniforms, on the other hand, are ridiculous.
3) And Curling. Really? What's up with that?
I really didn't get to see much Curling this year, but I love the idea that there's an Olympic sport that involves as much brain as brawn. It reminds me of "Donald in Mathmagic Land."
4) Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must.
(There will be a prize for the best answer, but be aware, this is a judged sport.) Since I set the challenge, I won't compete for the prize, but if I recall correctly, it's not the one with the shooting, which is biathlon, so I think it's the one where there's ski-jumping and also cross-country skiing.
5) If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal? I have to confess I asked some of these questions in a Friday Five four years ago, and I'm pretty sure my answer then was the same it will be now. I have enough of a yen to fly that ski jumping seems the most exciting to me. I don't really like to watch it that much, I just like the idea of flying through the air that way.
My other favorite thing about this Olympics was coming home and watching some cross-country skiing and learning that there were old style and new style ways of doing it. How much like church is that?
Thanks to those who played today. Our power was out for 13 hours, and I couldn't play or visit around at the time I would have liked.