If you're anywhere close to my age, you've seen it and maybe even been *in* it, so please chime in via the comments and tell us:
1) When you first saw Bye Bye Birdie and where;
2) If you performed in it, who you played; and
3) What's your favorite song?
Here are my answers.
1) I never saw it before I performed in it at Camp Alleghany in the summer of 1976 or so. It was an all-girl production, and I could still tell you the names of the stars. (But I'll spare them.)
2) I played Kim's friend, Ursula Merkel, which involved a lot of screaming and fainting.
3) Although I enjoyed performing Ursula's music and still remember it vividly, I must admit to adoring "Put on a Happy Face." It makes me happy.
(Even if they did change it around in the movie.)