Greetings from the land of the Big To-Do!
It seems like every
year I enter into the summer with a growing list of HUGE
projects/events/trips that seem to have a permanent place on the 'to
This year I have a huge move pending so that takes up an
entire list all on its own, but it doesn't take a big event like that
for me to make plans bigger than my summer can hold!
How about you?
Is this the third summer in a row you have made a pledge involving your garage and actually getting a car into it?
Did you once again miss the registration deadline for the continuing education event of your dreams ?
Are you starting to think you couldn't even find the tents, let alone get it together to pull off a camping trip?
is your chance to get it out into the open and OWN your Big To-Do! Who
knows? Maybe making the list will help you move the Big To-Do to the
1) What home fix-it project is on your Big To-Do? I wish we would paint the kitchen, which means getting a new seal on the upstairs toilet, since we recently had a leak (not a gross one) to add to a previous leak from shower (problem repaired) and the original leak (toddler-related flood, which gives you an idea of how long ago that one happened) that damaged the ceiling almost immediately after I had it painted in the first place…
2) What event (fun or work) is on your Big To-Do? The weekend of July 17-19 is a big one. Y1P participates in the annual Yarmouth Clam Festival, something I've only observed from the outside. It sounds like fun! That's also the weekend of the regional Bernese Mountain Dog Club's summer picnic, for which I am co-chair, an event I really love. *And* it's the last Sunday I will be at 1FP. So, a big To-Do.
3) What trip is on your Big To-Do? Pure Luck and I are hoping to drive to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island at the end of July. Fingers crossed that the gas prices don't double in the meantime.
4) What do you wish was on someone ELSE's (partner, family member, celebrity, etc…) Big To-Do? We're looking forward to a visit home from #1 Son, which I believe is on his To-Do list, and hoping it will happen at a time that everyone else is home, too. #1 Son has suggested it would be great if Pure Luck might write a one-evening adventure and revive our old D&D game, with the original characters we rolled up in 2001. Pure Luck, are you reading this? He's ready to play Marlowe again! So, my wish is for Pure Luck to add writing an adventure to his To-Do list.
5) Getting inspired? What may end this summer having moved from the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-da? I never really set a final weight loss goal, and I've been maintaining for the past few months, but I would really like to work toward losing ten more pounds. That seems possible, doesn't it?
What's on your list?