To Sum Up Today's To-Do, as of 8:26 p.m.
The Key: Green = Done! Yellow = Incomplete Fuschia = As soon as Heroes comes on!
1. Resolve coffee emergency by purchasing beans and a tall, nonfat, no whip mocha
2. Move laundry along; also deliver dry cleaning, admitting to a maple syrup spill on cashmere
3. Consider blocking pieces of LP's Christmas sweater.
4. Realize Christmas was a while ago.
5. Try not to think about it, or about sweater-block-a-phobia.
6. Contemplate Lent and use of drama in worship services
7. Read lectionary passages for Sunday; look back and see what I thought of them the last two times.
8. Remember sitting in a colleague's study with preacher group six years ago wondering about the authority of Presidents and generally feeling awful about the impending Iraq war.
9. Microrave the mocha and drink some more.
10. Take a vitamin pill. I'm bad about this. Trying to turn over a new leaf.
11. Finish reading "The Audacity of Hope." — I read some, but not all.
12. Answer emails. (Of course, there may be more.)
13. Take Interim Minister profile to Conference Office; hope I get my next job before my background check expires in April (new one would cost $140).
14. Redesign congregational lists used by Deacons for ministry of care and concern and communication.
15. Pick LP up from school. (Also drive her to school, but I did that already. It's really icy here.)
16. Recycle almost all the mail; why do we get so much nonsense every single day?
17. Go to the grocery store with Pure Luck along as muscle.
18. Check in on the world, whether I like it or not.
19. Massage Molly's elbow.
20. Share a banana with Sam.
21. Remember a few more passwords I lost in the Great Hard Drive Wipe of Ought-Nine. Try to figure them out, for Pete's sake.
22. Feel grateful that #1 Son has a temp job for the entire month of February.
23. Wonder if Snowman ever turned in the proper forms for his audition trip to UT (Austin) and CIM (Cleveland) this weekend.
24. Try to clean up frozen cat barf from the ice on the front steps–it proved immovable.
25. Do a little more work on the sock I had to frog yesterday after discovering I had cast on 48 stitches instead of the 56 that are in the first sock.