It's the Friday Five, as posted by yours truly at RevGalBlogPals:
Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1) I'm fond of purple, but I own a lot of pink electronic devices, because they just don't make these things in the color I want, a lovely lilac.
2) Although I've lived in Maine for over 20 years, my Tidewater accent occasionally surfaces, particularly in times of great emotion, extreme tiredness and mostly at a party.
3) All my conversations are anecdotal. After all, I am a preacher. I enjoy taking my time to get to the point. In a typical sermon you will hear about my dogs or my children or my own childhood in Virginia or my knitting or my husband's height or strength and their usefulness in my life, but not all at once.
4) I'm 5 feet tall, and a quarter of an inch. Please don't let that delude you into thinking I am a little girl. You'll regret it.
5) If you introduce yourself to me with first and last name, I will never forget it.
What should I know about you?