- People are better at guessing reds than pinks. semfem, send me an email, you are the winner with "Meet Me at Red Square!" No one came close on mine, reminiscent of the RevGals Big Event, "Strawberry Margarita."
- Sunshine makes a girl purr like a kitty-cat.
- You can buy King Cake babies by the bagfull, which is a little disturbing.
- Which is not the half of the odd items at the Mardi Gras Store, many of which are rated TV-M.
- A Mardi Gras Store is a thing they have here. Seriously.
Some RevGals wear sensible footwear, suited to their tasks. We stopped today in Pearlington and met Brittany from Tales of the Journey. Brittany, please come to BE 2.0! And Brittany's mom and team, good to meet you, too!
- Highway signs in storm-ravaged areas=inconsistent.
- Somewhere on the Gulf Coast, there is a Baptist Church located on Gin Road. I kid you not.
The secret to the decorative sugar on your King Cakes: food coloring shaken up with plain old, regular sugar. Combine red and blue to get the appropriate purple. Thank you to the ladies in the Rouse's Bakery in Slidell (a most impressive grocery store) for explaining the mysteries to us.
- Some friends you meet over the Internet become real friends and you can't wait to see them again. Hi, s!! Thanks for playing with us in the French Quarter!
- Belonging to chain store buyers' clubs may pay off at the unlikeliest moments, and St. Casserole advises joining as long as they are free.
- St. Casserole knows how to shop. But you knew that.
- Ethically elevated yarn costs a lot of money, but you feel good about buying it, especially at The Quarter Stitch.
- And this is not news, but it bears repeating, if you go to New Orleans, don't neglect to have your beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde.
More when I get home,