A preacher's short list of things I have loved today:
- Driving in that liberal car
- Little Church Uppada Country, beautiful after post-hurricane renovations and repairs
- Having enough of my voice back to sing the first hymn heartily
- Halls Cherry cough drops
- Preaching a good one, if I do say so myself
- Chinese buffet with church members
- The ice in the drinks at Sonic (for the road)
- Sister, the Best Dog Nanny Ever, resting by my feet
- Casting on for the second sock (not so much doing it, but that it's done)
- Feeling so much at home with the Casserole family
Hey, y'all, join the happy chorus, make a phone call to a pal;
Mother love is reigning o’er us, sister love binds gal to gal.
Ever singing, drive we onward; I bet you all know the tune!
Joyful music leads us sunward on this Sunday afternoon.
(With perhaps a smidgen of an apology to Isaac Watts.)