(As posted by yours truly at RevGalBlogPals…)
It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are
still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My
husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full
And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.
As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance — that frosty smell in late autumn that portends snow
2) A color — the deep, deep red of the red maple leaves as they turn
3) An item of clothing — my trusty fleece vest, worn first thing in the morning over a flannel nightgown, or all day long over whatever (Don't tell Stacy and Clinton, okay? They abhor fleece. But they don't live in New England.)
4) An activity — walking at Posh Neighboring Town Nature Preserve with the dogs, crunching through the fallen leaves; it's a great three season place to walk, but I especially love Fall!
5) A special day — there are lots in our family in the Fall: our wedding anniversary is just on the borderline (tomorrow), followed closely by Pure Luck's birthday and my ordination anniversary; later we have Snowman's birthday and the more general special days, Halloween and Thanksgiving. This year I'll say Pure Luck's birthday, because he will actually be home to celebrate this time; he leaves for work the next day.
You don't have to be in RevGalBlogPals to play; if you feel like celebrating the arrival of Fall, join in!