It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five for the RevGalBlogPals. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.
Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!
1) Datebooks–how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I still keep a Month-at-a-Glance paper calendar, published by the United Church of Christ. I love mine. I like the reminders the computer will give me, but I love being able to look at the whole month so easily. I only consider changing when I forget to open "my book" and wonder if I don't need the electronic reminders more than I thought.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
When I double-booked seeing my therapist and going to my clergy support group. Yes, I am all about teh self care…
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
Let's see. Before the New Church training, but sometime this month. Pure Luck and I usually get out somewhere together on Friday nights, although this past month we've had company, or we've been inclined to order in to facilitate watching an old favorite show of his on DVD. (It's Babylon 5, can you stand it?)
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
I have a cute, flowered dress with shoulder pads. Need I say more? Okay, circa 1995. I won't wear it (although I'm excited it fits again!), but I will try it on and "ooh" and "aah" over it.
5) Dates–the fruit–can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
Bleh, definitely can't live with them. Bleh.