As posted by revhrod at RevGalBlogPals:
I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first
that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with
all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would
come and I would feel a lot better.
certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think
about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24
hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are
the five things for you to consider…
- If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do? == Ah, that's an easy one! I would love to be tall for a day, just to see what it feels like, although a day might not be long enough to feel comfortable in a very different form. Mostly I would love to find out what it's like to be closer in height to my husband, so how about being 5'11" for a day? That's just 11 inches taller…
- If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go? — I would love to spend a day, as a native, in Tokyo. It's one place in the world I've never visited but always wanted to see. And I know there is one other member of my household who would love to be there with me, The Princess.
- You get to do somebody else's job for a day… — Ah, this is a fantasy in a big way. I would like to spend a day in a Broadway musical, preferably a two show day! There is nothing like the rush of doing live theatre, and that would be my dream job for a day, definitely. Brush off my green glasses and send me to "Wicked!"
- Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space… — I suppose the obvious answer would be Jesus, but the other person whose life fascinates me is Jane Austen. I would love to really know her.
- A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick? — What? You don't know about my magical powers? Oh, you're serious. Okay. Flying. I would take flying. I sometimes dream about flying, though not as often as I did years ago. To just be able to take off–woohoo!!!