Here are the returns for this Saturday at my house:
- Pure Luck, returned in the wee hours from that state famous for crabs
- Walking, which I have been avoiding due to the ice; go, slush!
- Flowers, or a hint of them, little green shoots of hope on the side of the street where the sun shines most
- Snow, because you really can’t have enough
- .2 pounds, as I continue to navigate a period that I hope will be a blip on the long term arc of weight loss rather than an actual plateau; not being able to exercise may have a lot to do with it, and I have been forbidden the gym for now (or at least the weight lifting part)
- Pizza from City By the Sea Pie Company, which has not been ordered here since all the boys were home
- Painful recognition that pizza, at about 6 points per slice, is not worth it to me
- Enjoyment of laptop use, because I am typing on my new, pink Dell
- Our webring administrator, making the previous item possible (yes, that’s Pure Luck; he holds the Key to the Kingdom)
- Me to the newspaper, but you had a chance to read it here first on Thursday
But mostly I want to mention that this is the fourth anniversary of my blog. I wrote three posts in 2003, but my regular pursuit of blogging began on March 15, 2004, and by the following year it had become a very important part of my life. I’ve said it before: I had no idea blogging would bring face-to-face friends into my life. I’m thankful for them, and for the friends I haven’t yet met but know through their writing or their pictures.
Tomorrow’s returns will include #1 Son to school and Snowman from school, their Spring break plans causing them to miss each other by just a few hours. And so it goes. I’ll keep writing about it, I’m sure, and I hope you’ll be here, too.