Because Jan asked…
1. My two mothers (birth and adoptive) have the same birthday. (It’s tomorrow.)
2. My birth mother named me after a social worker who had been a co-worker of my adoptive mother’s.
3. I named my first cat after a poem I loved, "Pinkle Purr," by A.A. Milne.
4. I tried to talk my college boyfriend into being a minister.
5. I used to do a lot of singing (thus Songbird), but since an illness in 2003, I’ve had a partially paralyzed vocal cord and sometimes my voice does not cooperate. This is a something of an inconvenience for a preacher, but it’s more
of a problem now singing than speaking; it does seem to be improving
6. Whenever I watch a play, or listen to or see a musical, I think about what would be the best part for #1 Son. It’s a game I’ve been playing with him or with myself since he was a youngster. He got to play one of those parts and then a few years later so did his brother! (Charlie Brown–though their own personalities are far more Linus-y; this was especially fun because I once played Lucy.)
8. However, unlike some of you, no one famous ever hit on me.
9. I did date someone who was a minor local celebrity, in a not-so-good way, and the less said about that the better.
10. If any member of my family reads this and says more about #9, there will be unpleasant consequences.