I called the vet, where Baby the Peeing Cat was already spending the day having a tooth cleaning and (as it turned out) THREE extractions, and they agreed to squeeze in our Molly for an office visit. Dr. S felt there was no injury and therefore no need for an x-ray, but rather that this is an escalation of the arthritis in Molly’s left elbow. We decided to try a week of Tramadol, which supposedly will not make her dopey. Dr. S suggested that instead of continuing to rest her, which has not shown an improvement, we walk her tomorrow and see how she does. If she gets better over the course of the walk: more walking. If not: very short frequent walks until she shows improvement.
Naturally, once we got to the vet, Molly acted like her usual friendly, happy self, even trying to put her paws up on the counter to get a treat. Sigh. Anyone who has ever taken a feverish child to the pediatrician will know what I mean.
So, I am facing three days alone (The Princess is going with her whole class to Leadership Camp tomorrow morning) with two pets on meds, including a cat who will not come out from under my bed. I have her medicine ready if she does. But I’m concerned about the odds of being able to pill her by myself. Anyone who has ever pilled a cat will know what I mean.