You know it’s Monday and the first day back from vacation when:
- Outlook Express will not open and you lose your entire address book.
- The waitress at lunch serves your iced coffee across the table and directly onto your white eyelet skirt and white cable sweater.
- You have an evening meeting and not enough time for the 90 minute round trip home to change.
- Marshall’s has nothing in your size except pants for a giant.
- The only other place in town you can find a new outfit in a hurry is Wal-Mart.
- Your lavendar sandals matched your sleeveless shirt (also coffee-stained).
- You have to buy new shoes, too, also at Wal-Mart.
On the other hand, you’ve watched enough episodes of What Not to Wear to have an idea of how to put an outfit together in a hurry. You leave with:
- Black capris
- White tank
- Yellow eyelet overshirt with snaps (because, darn it, this was an eyelet day!)
- Black and white striped espadrilles with a little ribbon run through them and a bow (because, seriously, it takes some cheering up, doesn’t it?)
How’s your Monday?