I wanted to give you an update as I finish my vacation on the life changes that began when I started walking in May and continued after my doctor encouraged me to make some dietary changes, too.
Physically, I feel much better. I can count as victories:
- Zipping up a pair of jeans I had been avoiding, and not having to lie down on the floor to do it, either.
- Walking farther and faster than I could have imagined even a few weeks ago.
- Taking a somewhat more challenging walk on our vacation, although I was a little lame the next day or two.
- Figuring out things to eat when I really feel hungry that won’t be setbacks.
- Managing two trips away from home by being conscious about what I ate rather than being restrictive or self-punishing.
I went to Weight Watchers yesterday feeling successful even before I got on the scale, and it was nice to be rewarded by the numbers, too.
Since I saw the doctor on June 26th, I’ve lost 11 pounds. And although the original scale was not the same, and it was afternoon, not morning, and all the other things we might obsess about, I’m happy to celebrate this good beginning.