We’ve had a pretty quiet day here, but let me just say these few things:
1) The weather was gorgeous. I enjoyed sitting on my front lawn in a low chair re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, while Molly enjoyed lying on the lawn chewing a stick and keeping me company.
2) The Princess and I went downtown to the charming and usually crowded shopping area and actually found a parking space on the first pass. We went to a local bookstore and pre-paid for two copies of Harry Potter the Seventh to pick up on Friday night, late. Then we visited a store that sells Philosophy products and came home with a beautiful pink bag full of thing that will make us gorgeous, or so we have been told. We’ll at least have nice-smelling hair.
4) I am thrilled to announce that there is a Thomas’ English Muffin with so much fiber it counts as only 1 point on the Flex Plan, and further that it made a good base for a home-made pizza-resembling dinner. I’m also delighted to report that Fat-Free mozzarella cheese is quite edible. I really didn’t envy the rest of the family, eating Domino’s.
5) No, really. I mean it!
6) Further, I am delighted to report that the makers use the s’ in the old-fashioned way. That pleases me.
7) On a more serious note, I am grateful for the reflections I read yesterday and today on The Good Samaritan, particularly Milton’s. Somehow I finally got the message that I don’t need to live in the ditch, half dead, anymore, where some past experiences are concerned, although there is also the uncomfortable truth about needing to love the people connected to them.
8) Finally, although he drove to a neighboring state and climbed a mountain and returned all in the same day, Pure Luck kindly accompanied me on a 40 or so minute walk. We just went a little more slowly than usual.