Here are 8 random facts about me:
1. I have worked very hard to overcome my morbid fear of revolving doors.
2. On one side my hair curls under, and on the other side it flares out. (More than one of my children curse me for passing along this trait.)
3. When I was little, I checked "The Little Engine That Could" out of the library so many times that the librarian gave me a copy they were planning to withdraw from circulation.
4. I remember my dreams quite vividly, which worked well when I underwent a Jungian Analysis.
5. I can memorize song lyrics very easily, but not speeches. Sometimes when I need to learn something I set it to music in my mind.
6. When I was a teenager, I loved twisting the stem off an apple and saying a letter of the alphabet with each twist. The letter you get to when it comes off is supposed to be the first letter of your future spouse’s name. I very often got the same letter. It was the first letter of my then-boyfriend’s name. It is also the first letter of the real name of The Father of My Children. And as if that weren’t scary enough, it is also the first letter of Pure Luck’s real name, too.
7. I am a pastor in a denomination that comes from the joining of four constituent traditions (Evangelical, Reformed, Congregational, Christian), and I myself am the product of four traditions: Southern Baptist on my mother’s side, Methodist on my father’s, six years of Episcopal school and six years (at the same time) of Presbyterian Sunday School while we lived in the DC area.
8. When I was 8, I went to church at the White House. The President hugged me because it was my birthday. This upset my father’s nerves, because the President was:
Tricky Dick and I wish you would play, too. I hereby tag RevRosa, Ruby, St. Casserole, will smama, Katharine (Editor Mom), Katherine E., KathyR and Kathryn (because once I started, I simply couldn’t stop myself, sort of like the revolving door…).