What are you:
1. Wearing? Right this minute? Flannel nightgown, purchased from an LLBean sale flyer at what they presumably thought was the end of the season…three months ago. But I will say I have a couple of cute new outfits from Talbots that I am enjoying this spring, one which I particularly like and will debut this Sunday.
2. Pondering? The number of times I seem to have to work through the same things I thought I had already completed. The presence, as opposed to the action, of God in everything, if I will only pay attention to it. My irritability at having to pay attention to that presence when it doesn’t suit me.
3. Reading? Susan Cheever’s American Bloomsbury, a very frustrating book. Has she reached a point where no one gives her editing advice? Also Diana Butler Bass’s Christianity for the Rest of Us, which I’m enjoying. It’s always a relief to hear that I’m one of many in finding something valuable in the historic Christian faith, that others are not giving up on or giving away Christianity to those who would cast it in literal and legalistic terms.
4. Dreaming? Last night, I dreamt that I was trying to navigate narrow, twisting streets in the Solid Gold Volvo, only to be passed on what appeared to be an impassable corner by a young blonde in a tiny red car. Now, that’s depressing.
5. Eating? Breakfast. Coffee and Eggo waffles.
How about you?