(Click the picture for the larger version on Flickr.)
A few things on my mind this Easter Monday:
- Why were there so many police cars out yesterday, prepared to pull speeders, early on Easter Sunday? Were the police cranky about working on a holiday? Or do they have it in for church goers?
- I think the Easter Lilies played havoc with all the small tubing in my head.
- Although I am charmed by the notion that Hannaford and Wild Oats closed (or closed early) for Easter, I was grateful to find Whole Foods open, since we were lacking a few components of our Easter dinner.
- Ditto the beautiful pale pink narcissus I bought at Whole Foods.
- Where were the police cars this morning when a car passed me on the right in an on/off-ramp area?
- If you’ve never heard a song before, but it keeps coming up over and over again so that you feel you need to give the lyrics some thought, does it count less if someone sang it on American Idol?
- (Does it help that it was famously sung by Nina Simone?
- What is the madness that dictates so few lavender jelly beans in an assortment?
- I am what may only be described as bone-dog-tired.
- So tired, in fact, that when the phone rang and I heard the voice of The Father of My Children, I didn’t know why he was asking whether I heard him honk.
- (This is the night the children go to his house for dinner. Every week.)
- I hope you won’t mind if I mention that I still miss Pure Luck, even though I saw him on Friday and will see him this Friday, too.
- What’s on your mind tonight?