It’s ten things I love, beginning with the letter O (which by the way is not an easy one, but since Mindy gave it to me, let’s give it a try)…
1. Orange Sherbet–this staple of childhood sore throats was one of the first things I asked for after my strep throat diagnosis–so cool, so soothing!
2. Old Navy–I can find lots of cute clothes there for everyone in my family, and the prices are reasonable.
3. Oreo ice cream–Whatever the brand, I love vanilla ice cream with chocolate cookie pieces.
4. Old sterling flatware–I inherited my grandmother’s, and I love it very much. In May I went to the Beverly Bremer shop in Atlanta with St. Casserole, and now I get mail from them letting me know how many pieces they have in stock of every imaginable variety of Gorham Fairfax. On Christmas I’ll use my two new salad forks!
5. Odd Ducks–over the years I’ve had many friends who meet this qualification.
6. Old Spice–My dad used the aftershave, and it is to this day the only fragrance I like on a guy.
(I’d give some to Pure Luck, but that might be a little weird. He’s way too manly for fragrance anyway.)
7. Origami–When I was a little girl, a series of au pair girls from Japan lived with us, and one of them excelled at origami. I loved watching her and learned to make a few simple things myself.
8. (This "O" is a tough letter.)
9. Oliver!–I adored the movie when I was little, and later I got to see #1 Son play one of the little boys when he was seven years old, in one of his first stage appearances. It was fun to chaperone all the boys and get to see the actors and actresses backstage.
10. "O Holy Night"–But only when it’s sung well. Which is about as often as "The Star Spangled Banner."
If you would like to try this meme, leave me a comment and I will assign you a letter.