* Pure Luck and Snowman went to a political protest the other day. Nothing has changed as a result. Do you suppose this is why Pure Luck drove to a neighboring state on a rainy day for a camping and hiking trip? And do you think he will come back to civilization someday?
* The Domestic Goddess began her labors here today. I felt just as much a creature of Chaos last night as I did when anticipating her visit here last Monday. She didn’t get very far. She tells me it will get better. Did you know mopping can be problematic without a bucket? (And do you know what happened to my bucket?)
* I had every intention of sending a birthday present to spectacular one-year-old twins, but the goodies are still in the side pocket of my big canvas bag. My cats keep trying to climb inside it. I wonder why?
* The weather here is damp and chilly. It feels like fall. Why did I complain about the heat? And when may I turn on the furnace?
* #1 Son has a lot of stuff. It *is* all going back to college with him, right?
* Snowman’s clarinet spent some time with Old Fellow Who Turned Out to Be the Wizard of Horns. It sounds great, and he tells me it feels great, too. His teacher, Dr. First Clarinet, wants to expand his lessons to an hour starting next week. I’m happy for him (and I’ll think about how much more it costs when the moment to write the check comes).
* For some reason, we feel the need for cake tonight. Do you remember this recipe ? If you haven’t tried it, you really should.
* Do you think people will tease you if you apply makeup at school? (That one is from The Princess.)
* I think your mother will freak.right.out. if you apply makeup anywhere outside a rousing game of dress-up. That’s what I think.
Edited to add:
* There are 3985 comments on this blog since I moved over from Blogger last September. I am thinking up a prize for Commenter #4000.