Well, it’s 9:00 p.m. on Thursday night, and I’m posting the Friday Five a little early, then going to bed. Yes, I’m really that tired. Which brings me to this week’s Friday Five: sleep!
1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)
Fresh air, temperature in the high 50’s – mid 60’s, lots of easily manipulated feather pillows, layers of covers to toss off and pull back on when desired– Pure Luck says he can never take me camping because I don’t sleep on our incredibly comfortable bed at home
2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?
7 – 8 hours
How much can you get by on?
What are the consequences when you don’t get enough?
I can usually get by that day on adrenaline, but the next day I feel awful, physically tired and mentally slow..
3. Night owl or morning person?
I’ve been a lifelong night owl, but having dogs has changed that. Now I’m neither, because I can’t really enjoy staying up late, and I’m still slow getting started in the morning.
4. Favorite cure for insomnia
Moving to the couch and turning on the TV. That usually works like a charm, although it confuses the dogs.
5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?
I use the snooze alarm every day. The radio is set to NPR, and it comes on one minute before the local weather at 6:18 p.m. I listen to the weather forecast, then hit the snooze, and the radio comes back on at 6:30 with the headlines. If I can remember what I’ve heard, I now know everything I need to know to face the day!!