What could you expect to find at Planet Songbird?
1) Yarn, very nice yarn, and all the things that go with it.
2) CDs, especially Original Broadway Cast Recordings, but the overall collection would be eclectic, everybody from Billy Joel to Carole King to Kanye West to The Beatles to Bach to The Decemberists.
3) DVDs, everything from musicals and old movies to “The Princess Bride” and “24” and “Homicide: Life on the Street.”
4) Books, especially fiction with a fantastical or theological orientation. You would be sure to find such titles as Gilead and Wicked and Father Melancholy’s Daughter and The Mists of Avalon and The Lord of the Rings. Children’s books would also be there, particularly those by Beatrix Potter and C.S. Lewis and Laura Ingalls Wilder. I expect you would find a Bible, too. Oh, and Jane Austen. How could I forget Jane Austen? And Lord Peter Wimsey?
5) Really excellent coffee and muffins. (Chocolate chip cookies, too.)
6) A sunny place to sit and talk and enjoy the coffee and the muffins.
7) Free WiFi.
8) Big dogs. (Cats would be welcome, too, but they probably wouldn’t want to leave the comforts of home.)
9) Vitamin Water
10) Life’s necessities, at the insistence of my husband: duct tape, tie wraps and quite possibly Girl Scout Cookies.
11) Lots of windows, hardwood floors, attractive area rugs.
12) Music playing, again eclectic.
13) Did I mention yarn?
What would we find at your Planet?